Friday, August 24, 2012

The Hobbit Movie

I recently saw the trailer for the new Hobbit movie coming out in a couple of months.  It was one of the first books I read as a kid, and as you'd expect, I'm tingling with anticipation.

I've always interested in fantasy stories of all kinds.  From the high fantasy of Tolkien, to the dark tales of HP Lovecraft, to the epic myths of bards, stories of fantasy have always drawn me since I was very young.

As I got older, I got involved in tabletop rpg's such as Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder.  I saw them as the natural evolution of me previous interests.  Where I once just read stories of fantasy, I could now take part in them.  I could be a character in a distant land of sword and sorcery and build my legend with other adventurers.

(I'm not even going to begin to go into the number of fantasy themed video games I've played over the years.)

As I get older, I find that I need my fantasies more and more.  They give me the sense of wonder I so desperately need.  I'm so happy that my first fantastical jaunt is getting adapted for the big screen (Although, three movies seems a bit much).

No comments:

Post a Comment